Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pl3xCraft Build Contest (06/16-06/24)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Billy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Billy

Billy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

For our very first build contest we're going to keep things simple because we understand everyone is just starting out and resources are still pretty scarce. With that said, let's jump right into the details:

This contest is to build us a spawn platform (not a building/room). This platform should be an open area and only host a proper area for players to teleport to or join the server at.

Size requirements: Since we are putting spawn in the vanilla village there is a space requirement. 20x20 is the maximum size your build can take up. Anything bigger will not fit and will disqualify your entry from the contest. As for depth and height limit, keep it sane. This is a vanilla village that is being taken over for player shops, so we don't want players spawning in at Y 0 or 255, etc. You depth and height should match that of the vanilla village and any player shops that pop up around it.

The platform MUST be able to be left at any angle (360 degrees of freedom). No forced one way exits or guided paths, etc.

If you want to include the crates and key upgrade shops in your build, you may do so if you want (it is not required). If you do chose to, just place chests and signs with text of what they are and I will set them up if you win the contest.

Overall theme is open, but keep in mind this is a vanilla village we are in. The best looking build and fits in the best is going to be our winner. We may have more contests in the future for rebuilds of spawn as the city changes over time (TBD).

How to enter the contest: Make sure you claim your build (all of it) so it doesn't get griefed. Then reply to this thread with the coordinates to your build. Other player can help you with the build, or you may do it alone. Only the claim owner of the build will receive the contest prizes. It will be up to them to spread the reward to any helpers as they see fit.

Winner will be picked on Saturday, June 24th by BillyGalbreath. Judging will start on Saturday, June 24 and judges are all players (even contestants can vote). I will open a new thread with a poll of all the valid entries that meet my requirements and the poll will last for 24 hours.

So, what are the prizes?
    • 1 Epic Crate Key
    • $10,000 in game money
    • $20 USD via PayPal or Steam gift card (winner's choice)
    Why are you still reading this? Go! Build! Have fun! ^_^

#1 Billy, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 9:46 PM
  2. Chrysti

Chrysti
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I have chosen what I did because I know what Billy likes.. I think the simpler the better.. Nothing over the top..

If my build is chosen the colors can indeed be changed..

50 75 90

3. Meep_Hammer

Meep_Hammer
    Expand Collapse

My Build is at -953 65 573

Ive Jinxed

4. Lazer

Lazer
    Expand Collapse

Mine and Minermanjoe platform is at= -730 81 387

5. killam

killam
    Expand Collapse

My build is located at 52.2 66 920.5

Good luck to all other contestants! :D

6. DeathNote1

DeathNote1
    Expand Collapse

This is my build at -475.960 72.00000 389.897 I feel it meets the requirements and looks like what a spawning area would look like. Pleasing to the eye and not over the top

7. GummyAU

GummyAU
    Expand Collapse

X: 13321.536 Y: 75 Z: -502.506

I'll probs change a few things (since there still is like 4 days left) and then ye xD, if I had bigger space I woulda added stairs not ladders ;)

8. Billy

Billy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Important: Judging information has changed. See original post above for new details.

9. Draco25240

Draco25240
    Expand Collapse

Mine's at 9537 / 80 / 4696. May or may not make some minor changes before the contest is over, but I'm pretty much done with it now.
    Not really obvious, but I like think of the end rod on the structure as the thing that "teleports"/materializes you onto the spawn block... ;)

#9 Draco25240, Jun 22, 2017 at 3:36 PM
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017 at 6:35 PM