Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ideas for Donation Shop (cosmetics and server boosts)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Billy, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Billy

Billy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Edit: Server Boosts and Donations have been implemented at Pl3xCraft | Home - MinecraftMarket

We are going to start working on getting an official donation shop up and running in the coming weeks, but we are short on ideas that will be actually appealing to people.

One of our all time favorites that will be included is the server wide fly booster (someone buys an hour of fly and the whole server can fly for that hour, not just the buyer).

Other ideas that have been mentioned are:
    • Funny/silly hats (custom items you wear on your head like a helmet, purely cosmetic, not an actual type of armor)
    • Icon prefixes in chat (certain icons represent certain amounts of $)
    • A single icon prefix in chat for any donation (no matter how much or little)
    • Particle effects. I'm not too sure about this one. Seems like it may create lag, if not for the whole server then at least for a few people with low-end computers. Could be used as a form of griefing (buy a bunch of particles just to lag someone out, etc)
    • Colored names in chat
    • Use of color codes in chat messages
    These are just a few ideas that are being talked about. Nothing is set in stone to be added yet. As the server grows and we get new exciting features to play with we will expand the store accordingly (city related things when cities is released, etc).

If you have any ideas to add, or want to show some support for any of the ideas listed here then reply to this thread to be heard ^_^

Side note: Pets were mentioned again, but sadly there just isnt any pet plugin that works for 1.12 in a donation shop setting. Building a custom one is out of the question simply because of the amount of time it will take to keep it maintained.

2. Chrysti

Chrysti
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok time to look at some cosmetics plugins

3. ItsMeTCC

ItsMeTCC
    Expand Collapse

What if we made it to where when a donator joins the game, there is some sort of fanfare that goes off. Like rolling out a red carpet anytime they join

• Like Like x 2
  4. Meep_Hammer

Meep_Hammer
    Expand Collapse
    MC Moderator
    Staff Member

I really could only think of those ones above ;-; (besides fly)

I feel like fly is a P2W (pay to win) but i have an idea for future quests?

Have certain Donators Appear in various Quests (maybe)

5. Grapewater

Grapewater
    Expand Collapse
    MC Moderator

I enjoy all of those ideas, hats especially. I'm not too fond the flying though. I feel like that would make the player balance uneven (not like we're on a PvP server though). For lack of a better term it makes it feel too much like a "pay to win" dynamic. Just my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Treeeple

Treeeple
    Expand Collapse
    MC Moderator
    Staff Member

/feed would be cool..

Just an idea I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#6 Treeeple, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Treeeple

Treeeple
    Expand Collapse
    MC Moderator
    Staff Member

You could also add a donation that gives every player a certain key, but only one..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Billy

Billy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

To elaborate on the fly, it is a server wide booster. There will be a number of server wide boosters eventually (skill boosters, xp boosters, fly booster, etc). These are done in a fashion so they are not p2w because no one will have an unfair advantage.

The way boosters work is one person will buy it, then everyone gets that booster for the time bought. For example, if Meep buys 1 hour of fly then everyone else on the server is able to fly for 1 hour after the purchase. Even for player that join the server 50 minutes after purchase will be able to use the booster for the remaining 10 minutes.

I hope that clarifies the p2w concerns ^_^

While this isn't something 100% feasible, I actually like this idea. The only reason I cant do this is donations are not forever, as such neither are the rewards/perks. For most things (other that timed boosters) donation rewards will apply for 30 days after which the perks will expire (except a few that will remain permanent, which will be detailed at a later time).

I can do specialized join messages, but not the red carpet treatment :p

9. Atombuster10

Atombuster10
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea a way to be like a ghost and possession of entity and use ability like creepers explode enderman tp and ghast fly and shoot fireballs, is that possible?
    P.S seeing fish in water would be cool.